Sunday, February 8, 2015

Merry Christmas

I recently got a calendar planner from Scrapbooking & Cards Today. The first sketch is for December, and it inspired me to play with some of my Christmas goodies. I also used my embossing paste from Dream Weaver. I found this wonderful stuff on Paper Wishes, Hot Off the Press, in a Girls' Weekend kit. After using it the first time, I was hooked! Use it with a spatula or old credit card; it can be spread thin, it doesn't need a lot! I find it works best on smaller patterned masks, but you can use a little more on larger stencils.

I wanted my pattern to show on the main background and two of the other papers, so I didn't mask it until I had them adhered. Just use a little bit of washi tape to hold it down, and then spread the paste. Immediately remove the mask, and it will set in just a few minutes.

 
 I ended up showing a few stars above and below the center block. They add a bright contrast and extra texture to the color papers and black background.
 
supplies: TCW mask, Dream Weaver embossing paste, pp: Hot Off the Press, pebbles. die cuts, tags: MME, Fancy Pants. stickers: Fancy Pants, AC. buttons, tree: Fancy Pants. rub-on stitches: daisy d's.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: