Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Kids

I have a 15 year old son and 2 cats that act like kids! Since today is Mothers' Day, I thought it was fitting to focus on them this weekend when I scrapbooked.These two layouts use sketches from Creative Scrappers and Paper Bakery. Inspiration also came from Club Ck: using a map, stamping on a background, Studio Calico: using a quote for a title, and Scrap Our Stash: using pattern paper scraps and rubons.


Here are the results using Paper Bakery's sketch, a quote title, and maps:





 And here is the result using Creative Scrapper's May sketch with a stamped background, pattern paper strips, and rub-on for journaling (Scrap Our Stash). The papers are from Hot Off the Press and Ki Memories. The bird patterned papers are from their pets line, but the stripes and diamonds are from a different one, I believe. They are at least 5 years old!


 Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. Awesome pages Stephanie!! Love the map papers on your first layout and great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous layouts! I love both of them and your take on the sketches for each one!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful lo's! I really love what you've done with our Paper Bakery sketch! Tks. for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layouts and my pup is a kid too! :) Great job with the patterned papers and rubons! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts! Love your take on both sketches and I know what you mean about the pets being your children too. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats and my son complains that there are more pages of the animals than they are of him. lol. Thanks so much for participating in our patterned paper challenge over at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice pages! Thank you for participating in our Stash Challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job using up your scraps and rubons! Thanks for playing along with Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamping! Thanks for playing with SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the Paper Bakery sketch! I love the map paper! So cute! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the design of this LO, great job with all the patterned papers! Thanks for playing along at SOS!

    ReplyDelete