Saturday, November 17, 2012

Scrapping Me

Last night I completed two pages with ME on them! Most of my pages are about the men in my life-my son and my husband. I'm proud that I was able to put my feelings onto my pages and get that creative release at the same time!

On this first page, I gathered inspiration from a number of sources:
Color Me Happy
Creative Scrappers
Club CK
Studio Calico blog

I used the color scheme from Color Me Happy challenge #17, the sketch from Creative Scrappers (#233), the free printable journaling card from Club CK, and the idea to use paint to color an embellishment came from Studio Calico. Put it all together and you get this:


This was such a fun layout to put together, and it really was simple! I love how I got to use flairs and random buttons!

On my second layout, I dug deep and journaled about how I good I think I am doing to take care of myself. (idea from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out) I think I'm doing okay, but I could be doing a lot better if I were more focused and disciplined. I'm sure many can say the same thing, but I feel like I'm letting myself down. I hope this layout will give me that motivation to turn it around.


I elected to use spray ink and swirly stamps to demonstrate how much fun the temptations are! (and out of control) The scale represents the consequences of my choices.

Here's my hidden journaling:
I've been honest with myself, and I hope this brings inspiration to others to create a page about themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome page! Chevrons are my weakness right now ... I'm soooo into them! I just adore your flair buttons, too! Thanks for sharing w/ us over at Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful pages! The blue on your page for Color Me Scrappy is so rich a beautiful - your design is just wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete